When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

California, Here we come!

So, this Saturday at 6 in the blessed AM we are flying out of Vegas to Oakland California! We are so stinking excited because we're going to Salinas and to San Francisco and all of the cool places back there. We're going to see a hockey game and to the jelly belly factory. Oh, we're also going to the Oakland temple again. I'm basically stoked! This week has been the longest of my life, but I think that's because I've been working two graves, plus many more hours than normal. And, I don't have a whole lot to do with finals now. So, just remember us this next week, and know that we are finally taking a break and having a good time with no worries!

4 comments:

dust and kam said...

YAY! Have so much fun!

The Shermans said...

I've tried leaving a few comments, and it never works! So I will try again! California-- Hooray!! My parents are from there, so we go there often. We love the Oakland Temple. Have you been there for the summer pagent? We also went to the jelly belly factory. You get to wear cool hats and buy the distorted beans at a discounted price!
Tell "Nick" hi! Tyler says he has a teacher here that totally reminds him of Todd!

Christie said...

It worked! No I haven't seen that pageant, but we'll have to go sometime. Yeah we went to that temple on our honeymoon its so wonderful!

Lindsey said...

whoa!! I didn't know you were going to the san francisco part of california!! YAY!! That's my favorite place ever...it's where I come from!! :D I get to see you guys soon!!