When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

39.5 Weeks

39.5 weeks and counting!
This is how I really feel... hehe jk

We have made it to almost 40 weeks now... CRAZY! I never thought I would make it this far, but that's fine! We're getting really antsy and super excited to deliver this baby. This morning I set up the tub and everything and can hardly wait til we get to hold our precious little one. It's funny because we're excited for Christmas and all, but MUCH more excited for the baby to get here. My midwife seems to think that we'll probably have a new years baby which totally bums me out, but we'll have to see how it goes! I have been having a LOT of contractions, just not any regular ones yet. I'm fine with that though because I know something is happening at least! :) We feel so blessed to have made it this far and not have anything wrong happen. It's been weird for me to experience such a problem free pregnancy, but SO wonderful! It doesn't mean that I don't worry all the time though. I am such a worry wart! Lily is starting to get excited and talks about feeding the baby and changing the baby all the time. It's been fun to have her along the ride this time. She even helps the midwife find the heart beat when she comes, She's pretty good at it too. :)

3 comments:

Christie said...

For a heads up, the midwife came today and informed me that my cervix is really soft and probably dialated to about a 1 or 2! And you know what the cool thing is?! She could see by feeling my foot and the pressure points, she didn't even need me to get undressed! YAY! She said I am definitely ready to have this baby but it will probably be the beginning of next week! WOOT!

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

Well let's hope this baby comes soon...I can't wait to see what she looks like.

Katelyn said...

LOL! I love the second picture!