When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Thank you Grammie!

As most of you know, we recently lost Todd's Mom to cancer.  It has been SUCH a hard few months full of tears, fears, stress, and work.  Along with all of this pain has come a lot of peace and love from our family and our Savior.  For the past few months, I have been here helping her do her daily activities and making sure she has been comfortable.  There have been some pretty easy weeks, and some very discouraging and distressing weeks.  Days full of weakness and worry.  Days full of laughter and smiles.  Days full of medication and supplements.  Days full of prayer and hope.  In the end she returned to be with her eternal companion and has left the pains of this life.  It hasn't always been easy to share my feelings with her.  I always loved her, but there were always the things I just didn't understand or couldn't comprehend.  As I have served her and sat by her bed, fed her, washed her, dressed her, talked of her worries, something amazing happened, I really learned to LOVE her!  She was such an amazing person and I am so grateful I was able to be there in the last few hours of her life.  I hope that I can share her legacy with my girls and my family.  I miss her so much that I can hardly put it into words.  I know that she is watching over us and will be around as we go about our days.  But for now, thank you Grammie!  Thank you for being an amazing mother, for sharing your talents and for loving me even when I probably wasn't the easiest person to be around!

1 comment:

mikensi said...

<3
love this post, christie! i only met her once, but she was so inviting and warm.