When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting My Craft On!



So a few weeks ago my relief society had a night where they talked about how to save money during the holidays and birthdays! I got SO many cute ideas! This was one of them and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to do this! These are coasters that I made out of tiles and scrapbooking paper. It was probably the easiest thing in the world to do! It was my first attempt at modge podge and I feel like it went pretty well! The tiles are seriously 16 cents at the home depot! SERIOUSLY! When all was said and done I probably spent around $8 to make 16 coasters. Super good ideas for family gifts or neighbor gifts! I am in love with them! :)


Directions
ok, so you need 4 X 4 glazed tiles ($ 0.16 @ Home Depot)
*clean the surface of tile
*paper (i used scrap book paper, you could also use pretty/festive napkins which would be CHEAP!)
*cut down to size I did mine about 3.75 inches square
*modge podge the back side of the paper
*place in tile and smooth as good as you can with out tearing it (I used a credit card to smooth out the paper)
*when dry (maybe 30 minutes or so) apply another coat of modge podge on top of your paper
*when that layer dries, I put a layer of polyurethane (water based) on top of that to help seal it
*i found cork board at Staples in the bulletin board section, for the bottom of the tile so it won't scratch the tables. (the directions recommend the thinnest cork board and covering the full bottom, but I didn't want to buy that much cork, so I bought the thicker stuff and improvised :)

No comments: