When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Parker Family Reunion

Lily brushing my teeth while I help her brush hers.
The bounce house!
Peek-a-boo!
The main event! Visiting with cousins!


Lily on the beach near Seaside! She loved the sand!

This past weekend we took a pretty quick trip to California for my mother's side of the family reunion. It was so much fun! I was able to see some cousins that I haven't seen since 1st grade. It was fun catching up and sharing with the family. It was a pretty laid back event but just right! I hope it becomes a yearly tradition! We also stayed with Todd's sister, April, in Salinas where Todd grew up. It was fun hanging out with her and spending so much time with family. The drive was long but it was good! Lily loves California! hehe

3 comments:

DeFreese said...

looks like fun!

Lovin Life Together said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Too bad we missed it. EJ was pretty bummed!!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I love the beach picture w/ the kites in the background. I'm so jealous :)