When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I just finished reading this book today. It was pretty interesting. I got sucked into it and read the second half in about a day. The strength of the characters were awesome to me. I loved learning about the southern way of life and really getting into the feelings of these women. There is some definite language, but it was set in the south... so really what else do you expect? The movie is coming out this week, and I'm debating on whether I want to see it or not, because if it taints the book, I'm not sure I want to go. But I think that the character Minny is amazing! Incredibly strong

6 comments:

DeFreese said...

saw this movie yesterday. LOVED it!

Christie said...

yeah we went and saw the movie too... it was way good, but it still doesn't touch the book, as usual.

Katelyn said...

Christie, why did you delete facebook??

Christie said...

basically i was spending every day all day on there for no reason i've been trying to spend more time with my girls and do better at getting things done... once i feel like i've got a bearings on it i might get it going again, but for now i just need to put my priorities where they belong

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Kiana has read this and sings its praises! Is the movie worth seeing?

Christie said...

YES! I loved the movie! It was very well done! I thought anyway...