When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

What you can reach, even if you don't know it!

Something kind of amazing happened this weekend!  First off, we were able to go to Todd's cousin's wedding at the St. George temple, which in itself was a beautiful most spiritual experience!  Afterwards, as we were hanging out and mingling with family members, I had a HUGE reality check!  It was such an uplifting day for me!  As soon as we started getting ready to take pictures as the wedding party, Todd's cousin turned to me and said, "Dang you and your stupid Game on Diet!"  I just kind of smiled at him and said, "What do you mean?"  He went on to tell me he has currently lost 37 lbs, and his blood sugar level is almost to normal.  I was so excited for him and asked him what I had to do with it, but then he told me because I had put up posts on Facebook about my progress and it peaked the interest of his wife, his family proceeded to do the Game on Diet and he obviously has been so successful in it!  I was so excited for him!  All throughout the day, I had people commenting on how "Good" I looked and that always makes me happy!  But then I had another family member who came up to me and told me of their success with the Game On and what not, just because they had seen it in action.  I am not claiming that I changed their lives, they changed their own lives.  But I was truly grateful that they told me how they have changed.  Lately, I haven't been posting as much just because my progress has slowed a little, but also because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  Also, I've had a slow in motivation.  It was such a tender mercy for me to know that even now, I am helping people to make their lives better.  Ultimately, that is my goal.  I am really so proud of these people and think they are going to do amazing things as they keep on going!  I hope that I can keep touching lives and helping people to reach their goals! 

3 comments:

Petrice and Caleb Rose said...

I've loved all of your progress posts! Thanks for sharing your joy with others and especially me :). I'm oh so slowly making my progress, so it's always great to see someone else be successful giving me hope that I too can work to make progress :). You are so dang cute Christie!!

JaMiEj said...

It's true! You're an inspiration! And you're just so positive and kind with yourself! I love that.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

You've helped change my life for sure. Thanks for everything!
P.S. I'm so glad Todd found and married you :)