When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

What is wrong with me?

I have no idea what has happened to me in the last few months. I have never been one to cry, EVER! I used to just get over it, and frankly I would hardly even feel emotion! Recently I seriously feel so overwhelmed with emotion I can hardly control it! Last night we performed at the Forgotten Carols and at the end I was just bawling! It was stupid though because I was sitting right behind Michael McLean and the spot light was right on him, therefore, most of the audience could see me blubbering. A few weeks ago we rented a clean version of the movie Click. At the end, I was crying. What is my deal? At first I was scared I was pregnant and stuff, but that's not it. I guess maybe it's because I got married. It's kind of been like this since I got married. Hmmmmm who knows? Any of you have any ideas?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got super emotional after I got married too. It's so exciting, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

dang hormones

Anonymous said...

No idea. I was going with the pregnant thing, but I guess not. :p That picture is so dang cute though.

Anonymous said...

So, this totally doesn't have to do with your post, Christie, but I just noticed on Wicked's website that in L.A, they have Eden Espenosa and Megan Hilty as Elphie and Glinda. SO EXCITED FOR YOU! They were those two when I went in New York. Definitely top quality. You are in for a big big treat!

Christie said...

yeah.. so we're not going anymore.. fell through... among other things... :( oh well.. maybe someday I'll go to see wicked. Yeah I really like the picture!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Christie, I just remembered how excited you were! You'll get to see it someday! :) I do like the picture too! I love you!

Christie said...

yeah I probably won't be able to see it in a really long time. It's just so expensive and we can't really afford that right now. Maybe in like 40 years or something.

Katy said...

Hmm, are you on birth control? If not, I think its the combo of being a wife, being a student and trying to be you all at the same time. Crying has become my only stress relieving tactic since getting married. I hate it, but lucky for me, Jeff has a strong manly man shoulder that I blubber into quite often:) No worries though, it's all part of being a married woman I think.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, birth control. That's it. Since I had Cambree, I couldn't figure out why I was still so moody all the time. That's supposed to go away afterwards. I figured it out this morning after I took my pill. It just hit me.

Christie said...

yeah... I'm not on birth control... I used to be, but not anymore. But i would have to agree with you Katy, it's probably all the effects of just being a wife and even just trying to be more feminine. But Todd is really good with me as well!