When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Hurray For Doctors!


I just love my doctor! So basically, Wednesday I had a VERY rough day... They told me that if i couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours that I needed to go see them immediately... well that's basically what happened. I called him Thursday morning and they brought me in and checked on me. Not to mention that I was about to hurl all over the nurse, which I contained for the time being, but they checked me for dehydration and all that fun stuff. Then they prescribed me this awesome drug called fenergen or something like that. Basically it's just a cream that you put on your wrists and it goes right into your blood stream so you aren't as nauseous. Then they sent me to an infusion lab where I got to sit for two hours while they put two of those bags of fluid inside of me... yes like the one in the picture.. that's a lot of fluid! In two hours... basically I didn't know it was going to take that long, so I got to sit there, bored for two hours! But, then I realized how cool it is that they put me right up front as a priority to make sure that everything is fine with me and the baby. Everything is fine now and I can eat again! Yay for food! You guys really shouldn't take it for granted... there are things that I so wish I could eat... seriously! But yes, now I'm 12 weeks and almost full fledged into my 2nd trimester which is CRAZY! Just thought I would let you all know what is going on with me.. now that I'm out of vacation land... unfortunately!

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

I heard about so many girls that hd to go get fluid pumped into them. I was glad water was like the only thing I could keep down. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Everyone around Logan would say that by being so sick, it means you're having a boy! ;);)

Anonymous said...

yikes! glad your getting fixed.

Launi said...

just wait until labor, they pump you full of fluids so that you can look like a blowfish in all of your baby's first pictures. :)

Kate Felt, MA. MFT said...

that is caue PREGNANCY IS A SEIOUS CONDITION. that is what my friend keeps telling me