When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Lots O' Work

So we've really been enjoying Lily and she's so much fun! She is so adorable and has such a sweet little spirit that has really made our home a great place to be. Yet, I never realized how much work they are! I am so tired I can hardly see straight. She's doing pretty good, but she's got a cold and hasn't been sleeping well because her nose is plugged. It makes me so sad to see her not feeling well. We need to invest in a humidifier ASAP! As of now, we've just been running our dryer all day long because it just blows right into our apartment and with the steam and what not it is basically just a HUGE humidifier. If anyone has any more tips about helping her feel better, I would appreciate them. I feel completely incompetent to be taking care of this totally dependent, sweet, baby. I feel like I've been cut off from the world because I have hardly left my apartment since she was born. I guess I'm way too social... lol

6 comments:

Launi said...

those bulb syringes the hospital gives you are great for clearing them out, too...of course, it all comes back pretty soon, but at least they are clear for a while. :) you can do it, christie! it seems like you're remaining relatively cheerful through the sleep deprivation. if you can do that, you can do anything! :)

Janell R. Cropper said...

yeah, the bulb syringe and the saline drops are the only other option I can recommend besides a humidifier. I highly highly suggest you invest in one. Ours has been a lifesaver, and it was only like $19 at Wal-Mart. Definitely worth every dollar. Good luck!! The first cold is always the most sad of all!

Erickson Family said...

I have a humidifier if you really need one, your more than welcome to borrow it:)

Caleb and Diane said...

Your baby is soooo beautiful!! And I promise, I don't just say that!! She is perfect and so white! Daisy wasn't white until she was a month or so. Lucky!

Lovin Life Together said...

Welcome to the world of parenthood, I can count on one hand the # of times I have had a good nights sleep since Corbin was born. Being a mom is a lot of work, no one can even begin to explain it to you until you become a parent. Your life definatley changes for ever. A bulb syringe will definately help her with some nasal saline drops, she'll hate it, but it will help clear her out. Good Luck, she is a cute baby! By the way, I need you to email me your current home address. email it to coco2182@aol.com.

A Momma said...

Man, the beginning is the worst! I feel like I was living on Mars for 2 months. But, once they get a little bigger and you can train her to sleep better at night, life gets a lot more bearable. There is a saline spray that works better than drops than you can suck their noses clean. I've heard that if you don't have a humidifier you should go into the bathroom with a hot shower running and the hot steam can help clear their chest/sinuses. Good luck. Jane has a cold right now too.