When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

She's growing up WAY too fast!

We are officially on solids! She ate a whole thing of squash yesterday and she's doing so much better with the spoon. I'm excited about that, just not the diapers that follow... But yesterday I decided I would see how she did with a sippy. They say not to start til 6 months, but she's only a couple weeks away from that so I thought I would try it just for once and see what I had ahead of me. She LOVED it! She got mad when I took it away from her. So at least I don't need to worry about her being stuck on a bottle for too long. She's growing up and it's fun to watch her progress, but at the same time I miss just being able to cuddle with her and have her be content with just sitting. Oh well!

2 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

IT's true! They just grow up so stinkin' fast it's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Christie--your Lily is adorable. Super cute.

Your new apartment looks spacious too! That will be nice now that Lily is becoming more mobile.