When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Best Mothers Day EVER!

I think I have the very best husband in the WORLD! Today for mother's day, I was woken up by Todd walking into the bedroom with a tray of food. He put it on my bed-side table and said, "DON'T wake up yet!" I laid there pretending to sleep then I heard him come in with Lily and then said "Happy Mother's Day!" We all had breakfast in bed today. It was fabulous! He then changed every stinky diaper today, which I was really happy about! He also made lunch for me making sure I didn't lift a finger. I definitely didn't mind for the most part. When we got home from dinner at Todd's mom's house we put Lily to bed and then Todd banished me to the bathroom so he could prepare for my big gift... I was rather curious what he was doing. He came back into the bathroom and blindfolded me. He then took me into our bedroom and made me lay down on the floor on a towel. He put a lei around my neck and I heard the sound of waves hitting a beach. Soon I was able to take my blindfold off and he took me to the "beach". We even had a fishing net! I had been talking about how I wanted to go to a beach and just relax so instead, he brought it to me! I received two dozen roses one from Todd and the other from Lily. I also go two cards from them. In Todd's was money and in Lily's was her cereal puffs. I thought it was cute! Todd also gave me a Willowtree Plaque that I can hang up on my wall. I was so happy because I LOVE the Willowtree figurines and the plaque is of a mother and father with their arms around two children. It made me happy. Thanks Todd for such a fantastic Mother's Day! I love you so much!

2 comments:

mikensi said...

aw, so sweet! what a good hubby he is! jimmy's probably glad i don't like flowers.. he knows i'd rip his head off if he bought them for me. ha ha!! i suppose today we will celebrate mother's day and go see star trek or something. lols! but, very cute todd you have ;)

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

That is one great husband you have! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!