When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Woes of and Unwelcome Ward

I've been having a tough time with our ward. We've lived here for almost three months, and I hardly know anyone! We went to our last ward for only three months and we knew about half the ward. It's been hard for me. Every week in Relief Society I sit alone. This past week there were a couple of ladies behind me talking about New Moon so I turned to ask them about it and talk to them about it, and they just looked at me like, "Why are you talking to us?!" I felt horrible! Now this next week I supposed to be speaking in sacrament meeting about loving your neighbor... oh great! I just got called to be a primary teacher and will probably have an even HARDER time getting to know people in my ward. I feel like I'm not even welcome most of the time. Or that we're just too weird for people to talk to. It's hard! I've come home multiple times just in tears because I feel so out of place. I miss having friends in a ward. I miss having friends period... I've really tried to be friendly and try to meet people, it's HARD! Hopefully things will change soon...

8 comments:

DeFreese said...

i'm sorry, friend. i know what you mean, though. Brandon only lasts through sacrament meeting and then that's it. We don't know anyone in our ward.

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

I'd sit next to you in relief society and talk to you about new moon.

Christie said...

lol thank you ashley!

Jesica Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry, Our first family ward was like that, I was introduced as the new member for 6 weeks in a row! When I ran into the Relief Society President at the store I said hi and she was like, "uh, I don't know you." That's when I told Shaun that we were going to find a new ward. So I totally understand, I'm sorry, You are always welcome back to the fun ward!

Christie said...

Thanks, but it may get better, hopefully! This week was better!

Katelyn said...

I'm sorry Christie! Our ward was hard to get to know people too, but that's because people were moving in and out all the time. I still have people that have been in the ward for a shorter period of time than us ask me if we are new. We've been in this ward for 2 1/2 years. It's hard getting to know people when you are in primary.

Talk to Wendy, she's so nice! And she's in primary too, right?

Christie said...

Yes, she's the second counselor! It's crazy because we spoke today, and I felt so much more welcome after that, so maybe it was just because no one knew who we were! hehe

Janell R. Cropper said...

If things go too badly, you can come be in my ward. We love new young cool people :) Good luck with your new calling! I know it will be great for you!!