When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time for a Change


Well as most of you have seen on Facebook, I'm starting a challenge to better myself. I've finally decided this is more important that food. Food has always been a challenge for me. I just LOVE to eat. That's a good thing, but I love to eat unhealthy food! I've always been overweight and I've finally decided I'm tired of being that way. Now I know that I've been on a health kick for the past year now, but I haven't always been that great about my nutrition and food. I want this more than anything right now. I am completely determined to become healthy. I don't even have a weight in mind right now, but I really just want to be successful in losing weight and keeping it off. In turn, I want to share this with my family. I want Lily to be healthy and to want to eat healthy food. Yesterday I was at the grocery store and there was a mother there with her two sons and they were buying Lunchables (which isn't the healthiest choice in the first place) and she was asking her sons, "Do you want the one with the chocolate or the one with skittles?" I thought to myself, you know I want to be asking my kids if they want an apple or a banana not chocolate or skittles. I know that kids are going to want that, but I've seen it with my nieces and nephews, they love healthy food! It's funny how that happens. They completely go from your lead. Well so far, I've lost almost 3 lbs and 2 inches. I don't know how that happened, but I like it!!!!!!!!! If you want any information about how I'm doing this let me know, it's quite simple really! Hopefully I can show you some awesome after pictures here real soon!

4 comments:

mikensi said...

yeah, i don't want jae to get into wanting sugar over healthy. my nephews love bananas and apples.. they do love their candy, but they have to ask before getting into it.. they're good at that. anyway, good luck, this is a great goal!

Janell R. Cropper said...

You mean it's not normal that Steven loves lettuce? ;) That one still confuses me...haha
Go Christie! You can do it, and you can inspire me to keep up on my goals now.

Christie said...

We'll do it together now!

Katelyn said...

Good for you Christie! You can do it!