When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bountiful Baskets!

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of the food co-op called bountiful baskets. It's all over Utah, Arizona, Idaho, California plus some! It's completely ran by volunteers and people get online every Monday or Tuesday and pay $15 for your order. The general organizers see how many orders they need to fill each week and then because they have such big orders they are able to get produce and the same price a grocery store would purchase it. Then because it's all ran by volunteers, those who order get it for that price as well. You pick it up on the next Saturday. It's different every week and you a TON of food! I've been doing it now for the past month or so and I LOVE it! All this food in the picture cost me only $15! There is no way I could get this much at the store for that price! Plus I get veggies and fruits that I've never tried so I get a new experience with it as well! You guys should really check it out and see if there is a site where you live. Just go to www.bountifulbaskets.org and check it out! This past weekend while I was gone Todd picked it up for me and then sent me this fabulous picture... I guess his mom never taught him to not play with his food! :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, I haven't gotten tomatoes in mine yet!

Christie said...

We got a bunch this week! And we've gotten the cherry tomatoes before!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Yeah, I just about signed up for one of these in Lehi, but then we moved. And of course they don't have one out here :P

Christie said...

you can start up your own... anyone can do it!

Janell R. Cropper said...

then I would have to do all the hard work for everyone else :) I'll just take my weekly trip to Smith's and bi-weekly trip to costco....