When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

This year, my mother's day was extended! I loved it! Saturday Todd and I went on a date, but before we left for our date, Lily gave me "her" present for mother's day. It was three beautiful pink roses and a card where she "signed" her name. She was so excited to give it to me, it was so adorable! Todd and I went and saw Iron Man 2... guess who picked the movie... hehe. Our awesome neighbors watched Lily for us, it was nice to be alone for a couple of hours.

Sunday, Todd let me sleep in before church, which is always a battle of who gets to sleep in on sundays... hehe. I then walked downstairs to get something to eat, and on the table was the pink roses that Lily gave me plus a dozen red ones! So cute! Then, next to that was a card on top of The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook! Can I just tell you how excited I am about that! I have been looking for healthy recipes for a long time and am never really quite sure how healthy something truly is. I'm excited to KNOW that what I'm making for dinner is healthy. Plus the recipes look delicious and not too weird! hehe. It was one of the best presents Todd has given for a while so I'm pretty excited about it! I only had to change one diaper yesterday and Todd did all the dishes! I love him!
I hope you all had a great mother's day! I know it was a great day for me!

No comments: