When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Wreath!

So this was my super Saturday project for our relief society this past weekend. It's super easy and super cute, hence super saturday. The only thing is it takes a little time, a lot of hot glue and possibly some blisters... All you do, is go to DI and buy a 50 cent paperback book. Paint the edge of the book whatever color you want to use to match your decor. I picked brown. Buy a Styrofoam wreath at any craft store. Tear out all the pages of the book, (I know it's almost painful to do so) then just roll up the pages and start on the back and start hot gluing. This only cost $5! I did get a blister because I was too busy visiting rather than focusing on not burning my fingers, but that's fine. It was worth it! I love it! Thank you Lisa for introducing the project, because I am so happy with it!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks awesome :)

Christie said...

thank you lisa! It's all because of you!

JaMiEj said...

Wow cool!! I love it! Have you seen the wreath made out of tp rolls? I love it - I'm doing it next. Ya know.. once I go thru enough tp.. Tmi...