When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Forgotten Carols


Well Forgotten Carols time is coming again. I'm really excited to do it again this year. This time, Todd will be there and it will be a lot better than last year. This past week I tried out for one of the solos. It was for the song Arise and Shine Forth. It's a very powerful song. I made call backs against two of the most incredibly singers. I was terrified. I gave it my all, but dind't quite succeed. I didn't get the part but that's OK. I felt happy just to make call backs. Maybe next year... ha yeah right. Like I already stated before, I'm musically stagnant.

7 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Yay for the Forgotten Carols!! I get to go next week with my husband..although we'll just be in the audience. I'm excited for you though! Go Christie!

Anonymous said...

don't listen to her! she's freakin awesome!

Anonymous said...

I get to go to that on Wednesday. I'm way excited.

Christie said...

we're performing tonight... it's gonna be freaking awesome!

Anonymous said...

Go Christie! I'm excited for you guys to experience the carols this year. Just know...it's mega different than it has been the past 14 years....it's still way good though, and it's still the same glorious music. Also, don't be disappointed that Katie Thompson isn't Connie Lou...although I'm sure you won't. It took me like 5 minutes to get over that. However, Kelly does a fabulous job as well. Have fun! Let me know what you think!

Christie said...

yeah basically I've known that Katie isn't coming, and it makes me rather sad. But I'm over it and I'm still stinking excited!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was bummed about that too. I liked Kelly, but Katie is still my favorite. I love her voice.