When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Recently Developed Habit

When Todd was younger, he couldn't say his r's like a lot of little kids with they try to talk. Lately, we have been talking back and forth in a way that a little kid would just because it's funny and sounds kind of cool. It's not good though because I find myself talking like that with other people like professors or people I'm trying to help at work.. it's kind of embarrassing! So if you ever catching me talking like that, that's why!

5 comments:

Miranda W. said...

haha. I once had a boyfriend and we invented a language called Nav. It was just saying one syllable of a word. It took get use, but fine got lang. Then found me talk that way oth peep too. Supe hard stop when talk oth peep. Sil us.

Janell R. Cropper said...

That's exciting. Darrell has a few speaking habits that have wiped onto me as well.

Christie said...

yeah.. didn't get a thing you said Miranda

Anonymous said...

thanks for the warning christie.

Katelyn said...

yeah I talk like that a lot too, but that's because I'm talking to my daughter, who is a baby, not a grown up. :P I love you.

Miranda, your language is dumb because you don't say the words with only one syllable. Nothing makes sense.