When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Guitars

For those of you who don't know, Todd plays the guitar. He plays it rather well too. I love it when I'm in the bathroom or kitchen getting ready for the day or finishing making a dinner and he's in the front room just playing around on the guitar. It's so soothing for me. It is rock hard guitar solos or stupid I hate you ballads, just simple, beautiful music coming from him strumming a few strings. He's been teaching me a little and I'm a slow learner so we'll have to see about how that goes, but it is wonderful! It's a great new addition to our home. I can't wait until he can teach our children this art of music that he has learned! I love him even that much more for playing me beautiful music!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. did you post this because of 007? ;)

Anonymous said...

p.s. what's with everyone changing their blogger template all of a sudden?

Christie said...

I got bored

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when Mike play's the piano. I could sit there and listen to him play all day. Sigh.

Christie said...

woo hoo for our husbands having musical talent!

Anonymous said...

i waunt that!

Janell R. Cropper said...

I tried playing the guitar once...then I went back to my piano. I have my harmonica..

Christie said...

yeah basically I'm musically challenged...

Anonymous said...

My [future] husband plays both the guitar and the piano beautifully. He also sings beautifully. I could listen to him all day.

And also, how dare you "new post please" me! I post often and you post hardly at all. Perhaps you should practice what you preach! I'll decide when I'll post. This is no time to celebrate!

Christie said...

sorry Miranda.. but hey I post rather often thank you.. I'll never say that again!

Anonymous said...

but i prolly will...

Anonymous said...

haha

Janell R. Cropper said...

So, we went to this guitar ensemble concert last night, and the beginning acoustic guitar ensemble was playing. Pretty simple, fun stuff. But this kid, had long blonde punkster hair, and he was holding his acoustic guitar like he was jamming on an electric..it just looked funny.