When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What this time of year really means!

So I love Christmas. I used to absolutely loathe this time because of all the giving people and what not. Don't worry... I was just weird. But I've been thinking about what this time of year really does me. It's amazing to me that so many people can get caught up in the giving of the year. Yes we have so many people fighting for this toy or that toy to give to their children, but truthfully, does that matter? Probably not! Anyway, just listening to what people are doing and how they are reacting to what needs to be done in this world amazes me! Now is the time to remember Jesus Christ. The one who gave all. I think that is why we are so prone to be giving all that we have at this time of year. We remember who gave everything for us! So as your running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, remember why you're giving. Take a simply moment , even if it is while you're standing in line to pay for the items, to just simply thank our Heavenly Father for giving all of us such a wonderful blessing! A savior to die for our benefit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing I've really enjoyed about this year is I dont' have any money, so I haven't gone Christmas shopping...I really like sitting home and listening to the carols. It is very nice. Thanks Christie. :)