When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mononucleosis


Ok so there are about 2-3 people that I know of right now that have mono... or mononucleosis if you want to be technical. And I was wondering what the deal is about that. Well I looked it up and found out that it is passed on by saliva or mucus, it gives you symptoms like the flu or what not and it never goes away! So if you get it once, you will always have mono, but the symptoms just go away. Isn't that crazy? I feel kind of bad for these people because there is a girl in my ward who has mono and she can't kiss her husband at all. That's absolutely nuts to me! I wouldn't be able to do that, I would just say, well that's too bad, kiss me anyway! She is DEFINITELY a very strong woman. So those of you out there that have someone you like to kiss a lot, be careful of mono, because it's out there and it will haunt you!

10 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Yeah, I hear it's a beast. And it makes you super sleepy, and you can't force yourself to wake up because you're just so tired. She is strong.... I won't let Darrell kiss me if he has ANY sickness. Me no like sicky.

Anonymous said...

i'll be sure to make a note of that...

Katelyn said...

I'm sure she's not going to go very long with that. I'll bet her husband won't let that last very long. Mike and I kiss each other all the time when we're sick and so far we've never given each other anything.

Christie said...

Well since it's basically passed by saliva... she's had it for a month and they haven't kissed on the lips for that long...

Katelyn said...

Well she's always going to have it apparently, so are they just not going to kiss on the lips for the rest of thier lives?

Janell R. Cropper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janell R. Cropper said...

Now that's just sad.

Christie said...

No, it's only when they have the symptoms of it really... not the whole time

Katelyn said...

Well, that still sucks.

Steve said...

Hmmm, I think this post has a hint of reference to me. Well, Mono gone now, wahoo! Thanks again for taking my shifts, Christie.
Random fact: Did you know that most adults have already been exposed to the mono-causing epstein-barr virus? Chances are most of you already have it dormant in your system. Symptoms of mono generally occur when people are exposed between ages 15 and 35. Exposure is generally asymptomatic prior to that time and symptoms are rarer after 35 because most people have already got it. Periodically it can become reactivated, often asymptomatically or at least much more mildly than full blown mono, at these times it can be passed...so it is quite possible that she got it from her husband, and that is funny, ha ha.