When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Today, Todd and I attended a funeral for a 14 year old boy in our ward. Last Tuesday, this boy had taken his own life. As we walked through the line to the viewing and on into the chapel, I couldn't help but hold on to Lily just a little bit tighter. Todd is in the YM presidency and heard about what had happened soon after it happened. It amazed me how much this event has really had an impact on me, because I had never really met the boy. I watched his family as they shook everyone's hands while wiping their own eyes of tears. I couldn't help but think of the pain of burying your own child. The anguish that would cause. There are a lot of sad things to this story, but it has taught me a lot. I need to appreciate that I can hold Lily whenever I want. I need to take advantage of every moment I have with her. I know that Heavenly Father has a hand in everything, even such tragedies as this. Even when times are hard, and you don't know how you're going to get up the next day, hold on to your Heavenly Father. It was emotional for me, even though I wasn't close to him, but I still felt that sadness that emanated through that room. It was hard to see so many young kids deal with such a hard issue. He will be deeply missed and I wish his family peace and love from all those around them!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

That breaks my heart. :(

Christie said...

yeah it definitely broke my heart, but Heavenly Father knows what needs to be done, and it will work out the way it's supposed to.