When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

President's Day Weekend

This past weekend we went to Richfield for a couple of days. While we were there, we decided to make blankets. On Saturday we made a fleece blanket for me, and one for the baby. The one you see us working on is for me. The baby one is yellow and has a bunch of baby foot prints all over it. It's super cute! Also we found some fleece that had Yoda on it and starwars stuff. We couldn't find a backing for that, but on Monday we found some in Cedar City and I made the blanket for Todd on Monday. We've been sleeping with our blankets, and they are SUPER SUPER SUPER warm. It's great living in a basement in the middle of winter and having fleece blankets!

8 comments:

Katelyn said...

Cute! I love fleece blankets too!

The Shermans said...

I'm surprised Todd helped in the making process! I thought the ducks were for the baby... I like it!!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Yay for duckies! They are so much fun. Especially when the lil ones start eating the beaks!

~kamie~ said...

Very Cute! I need to make us some! I am FREEZING!

Christie said...

Todd was hurt that you didn't think he would help... lol it's was fun though. The baby one is cute, and I saw this material, and I just felt like I couldn't just leave it without using it...

Laura Judd said...

cute ducky material!

I've never tied the ends on ones like that...I should try. Right now I am trying to make my first fleece "quillow". We'll see how it works.

Hope that you are feeling great and we'll be back in Cedar a month early it looks like cause Jason's unit is coming home early!!!

Love-
Laura

Katelyn said...

Now you've got me wanting to make some blankets.

Christie said...

that's the way it goes...