When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Awesome Doctor!

So I had my first doctor's appointment this last week, on Thursday. I have my next one on Wednesday, it's pretty busy. Well since I had such a crazy pregnancy last time, they are keeping a rather close eye on me. I got an ultrasound this first time, and we couldn't see the baby, but we could see the yolk sack. Which is a really good thing. My doctor was just like, "A yolk sack is a very good sign, we like yolk sacks. Yolk sacks-are-us. That's a good title, I should have named my practice that!" I started laughing, while he was giving me the the ultrasound. It was great. But we have an awesome picture of our little yolk sack. We're going to try looking again on Wednesday to see if we can see the baby.
Well before the ultrasound even started, I asked the doctor if I was considered high risk, for medicaid... well he thought for a minute and then said, "Uh not really. But if you started smoking, or doing some marijuana, maybe some crack, then you would be considered high risk." I started laughing! He knows I would never do that, and he's LDS and a very strong member of the church, but his sense of humor is great. It really just calms me down. Before he came in and talked to me, they took my blood pressure, and it was kind of high, but it was because I was just nervous, and the nurse wasn't really helping, but that's fine because my doctor is hilarious!

6 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

That's exciting Christie! Sounds like you're in good hands! I look forward to hearing and reading and seeing more!

Anonymous said...

fun stuff!!

hey, where did you get your cute background?

The Shermans said...

We enjoyed the same doc!! He is such a good doc!

Christie said...

go to Katelyn's blog under other links and cute backgrounds!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the new little one! I tried to congratulate you before but for some reason it wouldn't ever post on your blog.

Who is your doctor? Is it Sanders? I go to him and I just LOVE him! Your story totally made me think of him. I think he's great. If that's who you go to, you're in good hands!

Christie said...

yup it's Sanders, and he's so great!