When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Documentaries

For my film class, I have to watch a bunch of documentaries. It's been pretty interesting. It started with Planet Earth and now it's moved to different Michael Moore films. I watched Sicko yesterday, and watching things like that I leave feeling that the United States is really screwed up, but it's good for me to talk to other people that share the same views as I do to get me straight... It's been interesting to watching the different films though. I watched a movie about birth this week as well, since it is Spring Break and I have nothing else better to do. I am now officially really nervous to go through with birth. I really don't want to have a C-section and I don't want the epidural to slow the whole process down. Since my luck with pregnancy hasn't been the best so far, I'm hoping the delivery will be a lot more smoother. We'll see!

3 comments:

JaMiEj said...

yeah documentaries are fun. Yesterday in the studio some girls had to watch one for another class and it was with Al Gore talking about global warming. It actually freaked me out. lol Plus it's so weird to learn anything other than what I'm doing. They're fun!

Katy said...

No worries about delivery. Just breath through some contractions, get a lovely epidural and life is good! It was so nice!

Leah said...

Was it "The Business of Being Born"? Cuz that's a great one. If you haven't seen it, you shoule (netflix). Go natural! You can totally do it - it's not nearly as hard as you think. Ask me anything, I'm a pro. Also, read "Husband Coached Child Birth".