When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Hello Random

I am sitting at work right now in a computer lab as a lab assistant. I am in a lab that people don't usually go in to, and it's right next to the centrum arena at SUU. There is a gymnastics match tonight, and I'm sitting in here, and all of a sudden these two girls come in and close the door. I was just like... uh ok. And then one turns to the other and says, "Oh crap there's a lab assistant here! I need to warm up!" (As if I can't hear her even though I'm the only other person in the lab). The other girl turns to me and says, "She's singing the national anthem in a minute, can she warm up in here, do you mind?" I didn't mind because one I thought it would be interesting to hear her voice and if she needed to warm up she wasn't bothering anyone. Well she started singing, and sounded great, but I just laughed because this can sometimes be the most random job in the world.

1 comment:

mikensi said...

that's funny! i would've been like, "mmm... for a small fee."