When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Weird Things About Being Married

Ok so I'm sure that you're all sick of me going on about being married and how happy I am. But I'm just so excited about it so I'll try to cut back after this. There have been a few things that have come to my attention about being married and how different it is from being single. Talking to a lot of my single friends really help me realize that. Lately some friends of mine that are of the male gender have been coming up to me trying to give me hugs. Since I'm married, basically that's the last thing I want to do. I know that it's probably innocent on their part but I can't do that anymore. That part of it doesn't really bother me, it's the fact that I feel very uncomfortable around guys, and I don't want ANY phsycial contact with any of them is what bothers me. I've never felt this way, but I think this is the way I should feel. Todd has even talked to a couple of guys because it gets to me so much, and he just doesn't go up and talks to people like that. It's weird, I know! Another weird thing, how I feel so inadaquate when I'm alone. I feel like I'm a missionary or something with companion envy. Seriously! The other day I went to Wal-mart to pick up some groceries. I went by myself which I didn't think was going to be that big of a deal but when i got there I kept thinking, I wish that Todd was here so I could ask him whether or not he would want this or not or what kind he would want. It was the first time I had been to Wal-mart with out him in probably 6 months. Strange, I know! I'm not complaining about marriage at all! It's just adjusting to what has happened. I am so happy and he is so awesome! He treats me GREAT! I seriously couldn't ask for anything better than my wonderul husband! I love him so much and I know that he loves me back. It's crazy but it's so worth it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for marriage. drinks all around!

Katelyn said...

I know exactly how you feel about being uncomfortable around guys. That's how I felt when I'd go home and want to hang out with my friends, but the guys are around so I wouldn't want to come and I know a lot of people thought it was stupid, but I couldn't help it. I had no desire to even be around them. I also know how you feel about feeling inadaquate when you're alone. Sometimes I feel like I can't do anything if Mike's not there with me, but then once I do it, I'm fine. Yeah, I wish he was there, but I find it's not so bad and that I really am my own person and can do things on my own. If that made any sense...

Janell R. Cropper said...

Christie, I'm quite a bit like that as well. The only person I can really hug without feeling totally strange is our friend Brett, whom is over all the time. We've kind of adopted him...he's pretty awesome. But yeah, I agree that there are a lot of adjustments with marriage. It was a lot harder for me than I ever imagined, and I was actually shocked at myself for how hard it was, but alas, I have overcome the awkward change, and just love the husband a whole lot a lot. Life is definitely great!

Anonymous said...

wow after reading y'all's comments, mine kinda sucks...:) you guys are awesome. i seriously admire you all.

Christie said...

Britt I'm so excited for you to go through this when you do. It's amazing! Last night Todd and I went to the temple and in the celestial room we were praying and I started crying because the spirit was so strong and I felt so much love for him. It was amazing! I love the temple and I wish that everyone in this world could have a piece of the sacredness of it all.

Miranda W. said...

haha Brit. Yours was my fave comment. Drinks all around. I miss you!

Katelyn said...

Brittany, I thought your comment was awesome!

Anonymous said...

haha. thanksh guysh.