When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

New Thought


So I just finished reading this book. I would suggest it to anyone. It's rather funny. This is the time in life that you might want to read it too... if you read it, you'll understand! Anyway, in the book one of the characters gave a rather profound thought. They were talking about humility. He was talking about how important humility is. He spoke of Heavenly Father and how powerful he is. He has so much power and it is because of his Humility that he is good. If it weren't for his humility he would be dangerous. More dangerous than Satan. I found that to be very heavy. I realized how important humility really is. It is through this life that we are humbled and are taught how to use our knowledge and life for the good, not to be proud and selfish.

7 comments:

Katelyn said...

wow! that is heavy. I never thought of that before. Thanks for that. :)

Christie said...

no problem.. I thought it was pretty cool

Miranda W. said...

I'm really humble

Christie said...

I think all of us have to work on humility...

Janell R. Cropper said...

That is really neat. I have a good book for y'all too. The Miracle of Forgiveness. LOVE IT!

Christie said...

Todd told me to read it.. I probably should huh?

Janell R. Cropper said...

It's an amazing book, it's true. However, when you get really deep into the middle of it, just as predicted by Bro. Jacobs, you get really really depressed. However, read the last two chapters before the rest of the book. It helps you remain optimistic.