When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Ok so I know this isn't the best quality of pictures, but it's the best I can get for now... WELL! I had two different appointments this week to check my cervix and Lily out. We went in on Tuesday and had an ultrasound of her and my cervix. She got so BIG! It used to be that they could get all of her in one shot, not so much anymore! The technician had to keep moving because she could only get like half of her in one spot... it was awesome! Except, Lily was sucking her thumb... that is something we need to correct as soon as she gets out! lol It was adorable. This picture was a favorite of mine and Todd's, but Todd stole it and it is now hanging up in his office, so I had to go in and just take a picture of the picture until he gives her up! So I went in today and had a prenatal check up and another ultrasound just to look at my cervix. It is now 35mm so it's taken 5 weeks for it to shorten 7mm. That's a little worrisome for me, but my doctor said it was nothing to worry about. I trust him so I'm trying not to worry. Another thing that we have a problem with is I'm dilating. Not a lot, but there is a little canal of fluid going all the way through my cervix. He just told me to keep taking it easy and not to overdo myself. He feels that we'll be ok but I just need to keep being monitored. The next time I see him is in 2 weeks and I hope that goes really well because it's the day before we leave for California, and if he tells me I can't travel, I'm going to be a little upset!

2 comments:

Miranda W. said...

I always joke that I'm glad at least that Trevor won't be able to feed her, so I'll get to hold her once in a while. Even now, if I'm holding my belly, he pushes my hands off and says that he gets to hold her. Something about this post tells me Todd may be a bit the same way. Good luck! I hope all continues to go well!

Katelyn said...

It is crazy how fast they grow inside and outside the womb!

I'm sure everything will be fine, but you are in our prayers anyway. :)

Have fun in California! I'm jealous!