When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Blessings

So the past few weeks, Todd and I have been sitting down and figuring out our finances and what not with the new baby coming and what not. Well needless to say, what we were making, and how much money we needed didn't really match up. The gap between the two was HUGE! I have been pretty worried about it, knowing that it would work out but just trying to figure out how we can make it work. This weekend I got an email from someone at the school saying that I had a "refund check" waiting for me at the school. I really had no idea what they were talking about, so I was going to pick it up. They called me again today to remind me that the check was waiting for me. I went to pick it up, and it was for $1000! I couldn't believe it! I was so happy and excited and the first thing I thought of was, I'm so glad we've been paying our tithing! Blessings really do come when they are most needed! So I would like to now publicly thank my Heavenly Father for the peace and comfort he gives me daily!

4 comments:

The Shermans said...

So cool! The same thing happened to us last year. Got a call from the school saying there was a check. We thought it was some random $20 check we forgot to pick up with Tyler working. Nope--- $4000!!!! He got some grant because he had good grades and was a science major. Total Surprise!

Christie said...

I love it! It couldn't have come at a better time! It's nuts!

JaMiEj said...

Don't you LOVE it when that happens??? SO great!

Katelyn said...

That's awesome! There have been many time when I've wondered how we were going to get all of our bills paid and just at the last minute the money would come and I knew it was because we paid our tithing first. The blessings of paying tithing are amazing!