When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Gibson's Birthday

So today marks one year since Gibson was delivered. I can't believe it has been a whole year! It went by really fast! I thought it would be cool if I went into labor today and then Gibson and Lily can share a birthday, but I'm not feeling it so we may have to wait. All I have to say is that I'm really happy I'm pregnant again and have the opportunity to bring our little girl into the world.

7 comments:

dust and kam said...

I am thinking of you on this special day. I hope it is a good one full of memories.

Much love to you!

So excited for Lily to come! YAY!

Keri Larson said...

Hey Christie, I'm so glad you found my blog, so that I could find yours. I can't believe it's already been a year. You guys sound like you are doing great, and I'm so excited for you to have your baby! That stinks you have to be on bed rest, but you're already to 34 and a half weeks, so that's awesome!! I think I'm due like two days before you, but it sounds like you'll go first. Girls are so much fun; moody, but fun!! Well keep me posted on how things go, and good luck!

Lovin Life Together said...

I'm glad that you were blessed with this other opportunity. Heavenly Father gave you a challenge he knew you could handle it. And you handled it very well, isn't it neat to know that you will be able to raise Gibson in a perfect world.

Lovin Life Together said...

I was going to tell you, look at my friend Ali's blog. She lost her baby last year also (she delivered at 37 weeks). Mabey you two might share some similair feelings.

Christie said...

Thanks Keen, I just went and saw her blog. I love meeting women that have gone through the same thing.

~Ali~ said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I lost Bryce on June 3rd 2006 so it has been about a year and a half almost. It sucks. Do you ever go to share meetings? I guess I should ask if you are from around here first? I am pretty involved in it and I love it. Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog...it is so great to meet others who have had a loss too...not that I like that people lose their babies, but it is nice to be able to relate to people on that level. Thanks again!

Jenny said...

Sorry, I haven't checked your blog in awhile. I hope everything went well on Gibson's special angel day. I've been thinking of you!