When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Friday, January 25, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


So, I have this class called Experimental Analysis and Behavior. Well it's a great class. I have learned a lot so far, but there is one definite downside to the whole thing. There is a lab with the class, and the lab includes us taking care of, and training pigeons. Now, taking care of consists of weighing, feeding, and cleaning up after the pigeon. Well, to weigh the pigeon, we have to pick it up out of it's cage, and put it in the little box so it can be weighed, and honestly, it is VERY hard for me to do this! I have succeeded once, and it went pretty smoothly. Yesterday, the pigeon tried to fly away because my lab partner freaked out! So, I'm trying really hard not to be freaked out, because we're supposed to be teaching the pigeon to do what we want it to do. Needless to say, I'm struggling!

4 comments:

dust and kam said...

Wow, that is crazy!! But sounds interesting and entertaining. Good Luck! Did you name it?

Katelyn said...

You should tell your lab partner to buck up! lol. I'm with Kamie, I think you should name the pigeon. If you can, you should take pictures and lets us know how that goes for you. :)

Anonymous said...

haha

Christie said...

yeah the pigeon's name is Sam.. he's doing better now.. we'll see how it goes.. I will definitely take pictures!