When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

GREAT SONG!

Last Semester when I was in Group Counseling, my professor shared this song with us. I LOVE this song! I love the message! I listen to it quite often to help me get through those horrible days! I hope you guys enjoy it as well! I know it's not that well known, but it's very good. If you want to actually hear the song, the artist is Alanis Morissette, I know she doesn't always have the best stuff, but this song is definitely worth looking for!


"That I Would Be Good"

that I would be good even if I did nothing
that I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
that I would be good if I got and stayed sick
that I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

that I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
that I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
that I would be great if I was no longer queen
that I would be grand if I was not all knowing

that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

that I would be good even if I lost sanity
that I would be good
whether with or without you

3 comments:

dust and kam said...

I just looked this song up on iTunes and I really like it! Thanks so much for sharing, but I might have to buy it now!! :P

dust and kam said...

So as I was thinking about buying it on iTunes, I realized I already own that album. How lame am I? Thanks for opening me up to my current CD collection!!! :)

Christie said...

lol that's hilarious! I'm glad that you didn't waste your money!