When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back 2 the Singles Ward!

Well about two weeks ago, Todd got a call from one of the stake presidents here in Cedar City. He wanted to talk to both of us later that evening. Todd made a joke that they wanted to talk to me, even though I just laughed and said, why did they ask for you? We went to the interview and of course, it was a calling. He got called as second counselor in the bishopric of the Cedar City University 3rd Ward. This ward is a singles ward. Ya hoo! lol He was sustained and set apart today which meant that we are now officially needing to go to the singles ward instead of the married or family ward. As we sat there waiting for the meeting to start, I looked around at all the singles and I felt so funny being back in that atmosphere. It's so funny! Not to mention, I'm going to be pregnant and sitting by myself in the meetings during sacrament and what not, in a singles ward. People keep telling me I need to flash my wedding ring, only problem with that is my wedding ring really isn't that flashy, so we'll have to see how it goes!
We're excited for the call and know it will be quite the adventure for the next year of our life, not to mention the last year of college and in Cedar City. We will MOST DEFINITELY be missing our married ward and the friends there, but will look forward to the new friends we will make in the upcoming school year. We know this is a calling from the Lord and know that he has sent us here for a reason. Another time I have learned not to plan too far in advance because he always likes to throw a curve ball in there once and a while!

9 comments:

Katelyn said...

Wow, that's cool. Sounds like fun.

DeFreese said...

hey that was my old singles ward when i lived in cedar!

Christie said...

yeah.. it will be so fun.... or something like that

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

I wish you BOTH luck!!! But I know you guys will do great and have fun

Jamie said...

That is crazy!! You guys will do great. The lord knows what he his doing and knows who is the best for each calling! And just think of all the blessings :) GOOD LUCK!!!

Christie said...

Thanks guys! I think we'll be fine it'll just be a great challenge!

Katelyn said...

This is your last year in Cedar? Where will you be going next year?

Christie said...

Wherever Todd gets a job. More than likely it will be Northern Utah, but it all depends where he wants to work and who will give him a good offer...

Lindsey said...

yay for singles wards. :)
Enjoy!