When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

California here we come!

Tomorrow morning we are flying out to California! This trip was planned pretty quickly but we are so excited for it! We'll be gone for about 6 days, and the whole trip will only cost us like $300. We're flying out there with one way tickets that only cost like $80 each, and then we're driving back with his sister. Her company pays for the gas so the only thing we're going to have to worry about is food and splitting a hotel room with his sisters for one night. The temperature there right now is 77 degrees and that just makes me super excited to go! I got the ok from my doctor this morning and am so excited to get away for a few days!

3 comments:

Kiana Don said...

You lucky, lucky dog! I'll be praying for Todd...ha ha, j/k! I love you all and can't wait to see you! Be safe and take care of baby Lily! Will Lily have a middle name? Just wondering...do you know Jason and Rachel are naming their child? Happy day to you all! And please comment on my blog too...I get bored :) I'm comment desperate ;) Don't have too much fun and say hello to the ocean for me, if you go!

Christie said...

we're totally going to the ocean and I'll think of you. Jason and Rachel are naming their baby Robert Brent, we haven't decided a middle name for sure yet, but she'll have one.

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you got to go to CA!