When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Hiding Place

So yesterday we received our next movie on our netflix list. It was The Hiding Place. Neither Todd nor I had seen the movie, but it seemed like it would be a good pick. It's an older movie, I think it was made in the 70s but wow, what a great movie! It's about a family in the Netherlands during WWII. They are true Christians! They aren't Jews obviously but they decide that it's not right to just throw them to the way side, so they start taking Jews into their home. The father of the family even wears the Jewish Star because he says if you're going to wear one, I'm going to wear one! Well, I won't ruin the movie for you, but if you haven't seen the film, I STRONGLY suggest you do! The message presented is amazing and I can't even begin to contemplate the faith they had during the hard times! One member of the family was still alive when they made the film and so she gives a little message at the end, I went away from watching it with a whole new perspective on life and felt like I could do a WHOLE lot better with my faith and lifestyle!

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

Sounds like a good one. I'll put it on my queue.

Kiana Don said...

Is it about the (I don't know how to spell it so I am just going to spell it like it sounds) Tenboom family? Is the dad a watch fixer man? I think I've read the book! SOOOO intense!

Christie said...

yes he's a watch fixer man... you're right