When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm SO grateful!

So I was just reading on a friend's blog from our ward and she wrote about someone else here in Cedar City that we know. He was in our singles ward and he has been married for maybe a year and a half. His wife is expecting, in fact she's due within the month, but apparently, he was in a plane crash with his father and another doctor and the doctor's daughter and they all died in the accident. It hit me like a ton of bricks! I can't even imagine that happening to me. I am just praying for his wife and his son that will be coming shortly. What a trying time for them. I am also full of peace because they were sealed in the temple, she will have him again, but she had him for such a short time! This has hit me pretty hard not only because we knew them and were friends but because I am also pregnant and I can't even imagine what I would do if I lost Todd today. It makes me so grateful for the blessings that our Heavenly Father has given us! It amazes me how hard life can be at times but how important it is to stay close to our Heavenly Father because he knows what we need and his works are most important. Our friend's name was Dallin Ellsworth and his wife is Kamber and they are definitely in our prayers. They are great people and there is some reason why Heavenly Father needs Dallin now and that is more important than what is here on earth.

This totally puts into perspective what our priorities should be! I am so grateful for my beautiful family and for the love and friendships I have that surround me every day! I can't help but thank my Heavenly Father for the hardships that he has given me and what I have learned from them but to also thank him for the great and wonderful things he has given me either! I challenge all of you to go and kneel down now and thank your Heavenly Father for what he has blessed you with even if your kids are screaming or your so upset with a family member, at least they are here and you can hug them and love them!

2 comments:

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Amen to everything you just said! That is such a sad and mind-blowing situation; it's really too bad.

Hansen's Fantastic Five! said...

Our prayers are with them also Christie. This one hit tyler pretty hard also as these people were his family for the past year and a half at work. What a tragedy. Our hearts go out to all who have lost a loved one and have been effected by this. We do have a blog now so check it out and we can stay in touch. tyandjamiehansen.blogspot.com.