When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

worries and thoughts as a new time of year approaches

So school is starting soon, and it's such a strange feeling that I'm not going back. This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't gone back to school in the fall. I don't know how to take it! I know that I'll be going back in January and that helps a little, but mostly, I'm kind of in limbo. Lily isn't here yet and won't be for another month or so. I talked to my boss and he's so awesome I'm going to be getting the maximum I can get while school is in session. In fact, I've been working on the schedule and it's such a pain. So many people want so many different things and it's hard to give them all what they want! It's kind of funny because my boss has kind of given me a lot of responsibility in the job. I got to help hire people and interview. With that though I had to tell people that we didn't hire them or that we couldn't interview them, a hard thing to do! Do any of you have any ideas of what I can do as in hobbies or crafts. I'm not good at crafty things. I try to scrapbook, but I really have no creativity. I want to make maybe a baby blanket or something, but I have PLENTY of blankets, and I don't know how motivated I would be to get it done. I don't have a sewing machine or room for a quilt so I'm kind of at a loss... if you have any ideas let me know!

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

You should make headbands. I'm starting to make some for Sydney. They are way easy. I'm just buying some bands that you can switch the flowers or bows around. I'll put some pictues up on my blog to show you when I finish some.

Christie said...

awesome! Thanks!

Launi said...

i'm a fan of cross stitching. you don't have to be creative because the pattern is already put together, but you can still feel like you made something nice! my mom has made a cross-stitch for each of her grandkids with their name, date of birth, and a little picture like a fairy or a dinosaur or whatever. i think it's neat that they have these little keepsakes, and she has a great time making them.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

If you have free time, you could journal - a lot if you haven't already. Start your personal history and maybe tell how you and Todd met, dated, and got married - all the details. (Grandpa Fisher has an AWESOME book Grandma made about them; I'll show you next time you're over). It's just more detailed than scrap-booking. (Maybe not as fun as other hobbies, but you'll be glad later).

Janell R. Cropper said...

I've been making headbands too...as you probably know by now! But I don't have motivation to make them, cause I don't have a daughter of my own. Scrapbooking doesn't have to be all cutesy and creative...mine isn't. The fact that I'm getting it done helps me feel better. I'm documenting stuff :) I also have gotten really big into reading books that I've wanted to read for a really long time.

Christie said...

Thanks for all the great ideas! Super smart guys!