When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fordham Family Reunion

Me and Reese near where my Great-Grandfather and Great-Grandmother carved their names in a rock in 1913.

Reese experiencing fireworks for the first time.
The Indian drawings
Face painting
The superheros in the parade
Becky and Trevor after their water fight... EPIC!
Uncle Pete's face painting adventure!
Me, Becky, and Reese on our 4-wheeler ride!

This year for the Fordham Family Reunion it was just Reese and I who could make it from our family but it was so much fun! It was great going to the family property in Grover, UT (Near Capitol Reef). We hung out, ate lots of food, had a candy cannon, shot off fireworks, lots of water fights (with a few pie fights included in there), some fun 4-wheeling, and visited with our family we only get to see a few times a year. I haven't laughed as hard as I did in a long time. I love my family and I love getting all together! It's always fun to just catch up on the year. We were able to visit where my Grandpa grew up, and as crazy as it sounds, even though I grew up in the same area, I had never really been to where he grew up. Todd and Lily were sorely missed, but now we know that they can't miss next year! :)

No comments: