When in situations of stress we wonder if there is anymore to give. We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail. Let us remember that we were measured before and were found equal to our tasks. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I LOVE COUPONS!

So if any of you know me, you know that I LOVE getting a good deal! I am a huge coupon user and I love being able to stock up on our food supply without paying much. Well the last couple weeks, I have been able to get toothpaste for only 25 cents a tube. Well, I got 25 tubes because that's how many coupons I had... Who is going to use that much toothpaste?! We certainly aren't! But I didn't want the good deal to go to waste, because that's just how I am. So I decided to buy them anyway, because the whole lot only cost me $5. Well one of my best friends works at the service center at SUU so I asked her where I could donate this toothpaste. She directed me to the care and share, which I gladly went. WOW... I was completely humbled sitting there with my two kids nicely dressed and clean hair and smiles on their faces. There were a few people there, and many of who I would have NEVER thought needed assistance. They were talking about sleeping in parking lots and the different things that they used to get by. I sat there and listened to their conversations, all the while thinking of my nice warm bed in my nice home with all the nice things such as this computer I'm typing on right now, and I felt completely and utterly humbled. I thought," I complain WAY too much! I have so many blessings, and I take them all for granted." So tonight, I will lay in my bed and appreciate my blankets with a comfortable feeling, knowing that I won't be losing any of this any time soon. And I have been complaining that our upstairs AC hasn't been working... at least I have an upstairs! I hope I can teach our daughters to appreciate what they have better than I ever appreciated what I had.

No comments: